Friday, September 15, 2006

Teamwork


It is a social skill that is critical to succeeding in business - in my humble opinion. I've worked on a lot of teams, and had a lot of fun doing it. I've watched small, early stage teams mesh, excel and succeed - be it on the sports field or in the business arena. If you've got this skill and understand the value of it, you're on the right track. People naturally gravitate towards you. You're sought out for your ideas and your energy. You're part of the team.

I've also watched people who don't have it and don't realize what they're missing. Each and everytime they self destruct. It's not great to watch.The end is always the same. They twist and shout clawing their way to the top; only to find once they are solitary at the top of their peak, no one cares. How many times have you asked these kinds of people for their advice, or to join your team? That's what I thought. You avoid them like a pariah. It's human nature. Be as smart as you can, but don't be an island, 'cause no one will give a damn. Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo Stacey.

Anonymous said...

When are you gonna update this thing...