Tuesday, October 17, 2006

G'bye CBGBs...Hi again to the Stooges!

CBGBs - the bastion of punk rock in Manhattan closes it doors after some 33 years - the very same week the Stooges announce that they're recording their first album after some 33 years. What's old is new again. I think I'll pull out my Live at CBGBs vinyl and give it a spin just for old times sake. I like it, punk will never completely die, it just continues to morph and grow and change, just like the rest of us. Jeez, I saw the New York Dolls last year and while they still have very little talent they can boast a hell of a stage presence. It was fun to be up front, but scary to be so close to David Johannsen - what a face! Buster Poindexter where are you now?

Pouring freaking rain in Ottawa t'night, dark all the way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dark ride home. Try a 52 hour journey from Ottawa to Douglas!