Saturday, August 19, 2006

Da Boyz of Summer


The youngest comes home tomorrow. Con's been in England on the Isle of Man for the better part of the summer. His first international vacation. While on the island he took in lots of music, festivals, food, pubs and fun. In fact he even busked a couple of days and made some extra dosh.

Today he's in Liverpool on his way to Manchester tomorrow to take his flight home. He's hoping to see some cool sites, the Beatles Museum and anything else Liverpudlian. I've got to say I'm a bit green with envy, and am planning a trip myself across the pond, later this year for a short visit and definitely for a longer stay in 2007.

On this side of the Atlantic...

There's always a great deal of excitement around my place on this August weekend. Not that I'm involved, but it's the annual Baseball tournament for Rick and Pat. Honestly, you'd think it was the World Series! To them I guess it is. But really it's just a mixed beer league. They play three pitch for several games of a two day tournament. This causes a lot of early morning stomping around, cooking, talking, roaring and whistling. All this while I'm trying to sleep (see earlier post about not being a morning person. They're up banging around the house at 7:30, game time however is not until 11:30. But what the hey, it's once a year, I can live with it, I even have been known to go watch a game or two, and have some suds with the team.

No comments: