Monday, August 14, 2006

Schroeder Flu

It's Monday, it was a beautiful weekend, but alas, I have succumbed to the Schroeder Flu. Haven't heard of it? You've probably had it, but under some other name.

The Schoeder Flu is legendary in our family. It usually makes its appearance - or is characterized by a lack of appearance of its namesake Bernie. He is famous for partying like a wild person on New Years Eve and then not being seen till a fortnight into the new year. I'm no saint, having had a few Schoeder Flu New Years in my life. But yesterday - following a lovely bike ride - Bernie and family came over to dinner on the deck. My immediate thought was...uh oh, it's Sunday. Well, wouldn't you know it. One thing lead to another bottle of wine, and yet another and some laughs, pictures and conversation and lots of Danny Michel's music and voila, Stacey is feeling the pangs of Schroeder flu between her ears, and won't be out to play today. Sherrilynne recently suffered through a bout of the aforementioned virus, and posted this highly appropriate article on her blog. I'm feeling very beige, and so I'm using her idea and doing the same. Enjoy..and yes comments please.

News notes:
AIDS conference in Toronto - Steven Harper choses to ignore - demonstrates his disconnect with the Canadian people.
And while I whine about the flu the world reports that the life expectancy in Zimbabwe is 37 years. We in Canada have it good.

Shameless self promotion:
I participated in a silent auction at the Ottawa Blues fest and my bid won me a laminated poster of Xavier Rudd in action. Xavier is a fabulous digerrido, guitar, percussion artist/singer/player from Australia. We're big fans, and now we've got this cool autographed poster for my wall of fame. yeah!

2 comments:

chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chris said...

we refer to it as the 26oz flu...

same symptoms

the immune system seems to have a problem keeping this one away